In anticipation of upcoming work, NSB-Omega is looking for a Programmer Analyst. The selected Programmer resource will be responsible for programming, troubleshooting and application support.
• Follow policies and work processes;
• Complete client tickets as assigned by Team Lead using ticketing system;
• Responsible for request processing and the quality control, maintenance, change management, support and administration of production systems;
• Create and modify code according to published standards and considering the Information Management and Information Protection requirements for the system;
• Perform application upgrades and enhancements to applications using various technologies including but not limited to PHP, PowerBuilder, .Net and MS Access;
• Work closely with Team Lead, applications support resources and Justice and Public Safety business users to confirm scope and determine appropriate solutions;
• Develop secure application code that is integrated with other customized or commercial software programs;
• Troubleshoot and debug application issues such as performance problems;
• Test application upgrades for accuracy and completeness using sample data, test integrations and assist in user acceptance testing;
• Complete quality and peer reviews as required, to ensure high quality technical deliverables and documentation;
• Assist with writing or updating operation instructions and system documentation;
• Provide training and mentorship to other AIMS staff and business users as required;
• Liaise with other groups within the Operations, DBAs and Security groups to ensure application security while following IT industry best practices;
• Develop and prepare diagrammatic plans for solution of business and technical problems by means of computer systems of varying size, complexity and delivery platforms.
- Post-secondary education (2+ year program) in business, computer science, or a related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience programming in PowerBuilder.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience programming in PHP.
- .Net applications.
- Experience supporting and upgrading MS Access databases and applications.
- Experience in developing secure application code that integrates with other customized or commercial software programs such as electronic payment applications, electronic document storage systems or other examples.
- Experience and knowledge of operational functions required to ensure application security such as Vulnerability Assessments, Nessus scans, firewalls, patching, encryption and certificates.
- Experience maintaining and creating project documentation such as test plans, work plans, OPMs, DR plans, Network Diagrams etc.
St. John's, NL
NSB | Omega